5 Reasons To Be Excited About The New Kids On The Block ReformingApril 8, 2008 at 11:32 pm | Posted in Music | Leave a comment
Tags: a.k.a. things I don't really care about
5. They’re neither new nor kids anymore. They’re fully grown men with suits and children. Many are wondering if they’ll change their name to Old Men On The Block or to something snappier like NKOTB. But when I see that, I just see KNOB. That is never good.
4. 20 years after they broke onto the scene with Hangin’ Tough, they all look the same. Here‘s how they used to look. Donnie Wahlberg still poses like a douche except now he has a goatee.
3. There’s the teeny tiny chance that Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch might also reform to support the NKOTB once again depending on if Mark can still shout random words to hip hop music and take off his shirt.
2. Their silky smooth dance routines paved the way for other boy bands to jump around like idiots. Check out how they play to the crowd in the Cover Girl music video.
1. According to their blog: “The snowball is getting pretty big,” McIntrye adds as he and his four old friends get back to work. “And it’s heading down the mountain now.” I don’t even know what that means but it sounds exciting.
Their biggest hit, Hangin Tough has aged more than I have since that time but that’s partly down to my babyish good looks: