At Least “That One” Didn’t Misquote RooseveltOctober 8, 2008 at 12:50 pm | Posted in World News | 3 Comments
Before I begin, I just want to say that I never want this race for the next American president to ever end for entertainment values alone. Last night was the night of the second presidential debate in the 2008 general election campaign. It was a great night for misquotes, mistakes and lies bigger than those surrounding the existence of Santa Clause. Explosive stuff, I know.
One of the highlights of the night would certainly be when McCain misquoted Teddy Roosevelt when he said “You know, my hero is a guy named Teddy Roosevelt. Teddy Roosevelt used to say walk softly — talk softly, but carry a big stick. Sen. Obama likes to talk loudly. In fact he said he wants to announce that he’s going to attack Pakistan. Remarkable.”
What Roosevelt actually said was “Speak softly and carry a big stick”. McCain could have said much worse. He might have gone on and say Obama was going to attack Pakistan with his big stick. Who misquotes their supposed heroes anyways? I love Superman but I’d never say “Up And Atom”.
Both candidates pointed out reasons for the failure of the US financial systems. McCain did what he does best, attack the opposition: “Obama didn’t sign a bill to “reign in” the financial markets. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are to catalyzed the crisis”. Obama took it on the chin and stated the “systemic lack of oversight and deregulation caused the problem”, which is true given the Bush Administration’s hands off approach which allowed Wall Street to implode.
Here’s Andy from Little Britain Senator John McCain referring to Barack Obama as “that one”:
The thing I love most about the presidential race is how far people take things online. The debate finished only a few hours ago and now some smart-arse has registered a pro-Obama website called www.thatone08.com. They sell T-shirts and everything!
Other political video links:
- McCain’s videos are all the same: Always attacking, always hypocritical.
- The best of Sarah Palin: She’s a cartoon character FFS!
- Jack Cafferty is disgusted by Sarah Palin
- Fox News are so biased it’s hilarious
- Craig Ferguson is my hero
- Sarah Palin can’t name a single newspaper she reads (I actually had to pull my hoodie over my face when I saw this)
- This isn’t related to the presidential race but it is related to the Kennedys and is genuinely shocking.
- I couldn’t find that video of McCain singing Mr. Bojangles so click here for some Sammy Davis Jr magic.